Pages

vendredi 26 juin 2015

Pop Art Quilt

Some years ago, when visiting European Patchwork Meeting in Alsace (France), I fell in love with this quilt called "Toro ! Toro !" made by the artist Annette Claxton.
Il y a quelques années, en visitant le carrefour Européen du Patchwork en Alsace, j'ai craqué pour ce quilt "Toro ! Toro !" réalisé par l'artiste Annette Claxton.


Quilt exhibition in Alsace - Annette Claxton - "Toro ! Toro"

It remained in my mind all these years. And as soon as I saw the Betty Boop collection by Camelot Fabrics I wanted to use it to make a quilt in the same Pop Art style. Especially in the style of Roy Lichtenstein's works.
Il est resté dans ma mémoire pendant toutes ces années. Et dès que j'ai vu la collection Betty Boop de Camelot Fabrics, j'ai eu envie de l'utiliser pour réaliser un quilt dans le même style Pop Art. Plus particulièrement dans le style des oeuvres de Roy Lichtenstein.

One year ago I finished my "Pop Art" quilt and straight away I pieced some of the leftovers with the idea of making cushions. But in the process ... I moved on to another project (I often do that ... really too often !) and tucked the tops away in a box.
J'ai terminé mon quilt "Pop Art" il y a une année et j'ai directement assemblé quelques chutes dans l'idée de réaliser des coussins. Mais en cours de route ... j'ai passé à autre projet (je fais ça souvent ... vraiment trop souvent !) et j'ai rangé les tops dans une boîte.


Finished quilt "Pop Art"

I had pre-ordered the fabrics. They where expected in August and have been available only in November. Can you imagine how many times I took a look at the website ?! ;-)
J'avais pré-commandé les tissus. Ils étaient annoncé pour le mois d'août et ont été disponibles seulement en novembre. Pouvez-vous imaginez combien de fois j'ai jeté un oeil au site internet  ?! ;-)


Last week I decided to clean up my sewing room (actually I really had to do it !!!). And I found these UFOs waiting to be completed for monthes ...
La semaine dernière, j'ai décidé de ranger mon atelier de couture (en fait je n'avais vraiment plus le choix !!!). Et j'ai retrouvé ces projets restés en attente depuis des mois ...

Betty Boop fabrics collection - Camelot - Cushion in progress

I choose to quilt a regular grid for both cushions.
J'ai choisi de quilter un quadrillage régulier pour les deux coussins.

Betty Boop fabrics collection - Camelot - Cushion in progress



Betty Boop fabrics collection - Camelot - Cushion in progress

I used some more scraps for the back.
J'ai utilisé encore quelques petits morceaux pour le dos.




There, finished !
Voilà, c'est terminé !

Betty Boop fabrics collection - Camelot - Quilt and cushions

I'm very glad I got this project finished. I have so many UFO's in my sewing room ...
Je suis vraiment contente d'avoir fini. J'ai tellement de projets non terminés dans mon atelier ...

Happy sewing !

Linking up to Finish it up Friday.