Pages

jeudi 10 mars 2016

Quilty 365 - First quilt finished

I finished a first quilt for my Quilty 365 project and I am really happy with the overall outcome !
J'ai terminé un premier quilt pour mon projet Quilty 365 et je suis vraiment contente du résultat d'ensemble.

Quilty 365 - Hand applique circles - First quilt finished
With the help of my son (well hidden) ! / Avec l'aide de mon fils (bien caché) !

If you would like to know more about that project, you can read some previous posts about : beginning of the project, approach for joining circles together and last steps of piecing.
Si vous avez envie d'en savoir plus sur ce projet, vous pouvez lire quelques articles précédents à propos : du début du projet, de l'approche pour assembler les cercles et des dernières étapes d'assemblage.


Quilty 365 - Hand applique circles - First quilt finished - On snow
On snow / Sur la neige

I am really happy with my choice for quilting design : diagonal straight lines by machine. I think it gives a kind of movement to the circles.
Je suis vraiment contente de mon choix de design pour le quilting : des lignes droites diagonales à la machine. Je trouve que cela donne une sorte de mouvement aux cercles.


Quilty 365 - Hand applique circles - First quilt finished - On the bench
Matched with the bench ;-) / Assorti au banc ;-)

But it's better to look at my quilting from a distance ... ;-) My "straight lines" are not quite straight though I spent some time marking all the lines ... And on top of that, the print of the "filling" fabric highlights it ! Technically, I set stitch length to 3, but in fact my stitches vary between 2 and 4 :-(( sigh ...
Mais c'est mieux de regarder mon quilting de loin ... ;-) Mes "lignes droites" ne sont pas tout à fait droites bien que j'aies passé un certain temps à marquer toutes les lignes ... Et en plus, l'imprimé du tissu de "remplissage" accentue ça ! En théorie, j'ai réglé la longueur du point sur 3, mais en fait mes points varient entre 2 et 4 :-(( soupir ...

Quilty 365 - Hand applique circles - First quilt finished - Detail

I am sure I will LOVE this quilt very shortly (when I forget all these imperfections and quilting issues ... ) :-)
Je suis sûre que je vais bientôt ADORER ce quilt (quand j'aurai oublié toutes ces imperfections et problèmes de quilting ... ) :-)

Quilty 365 - Hand applique circles - First quilt finished


I am linking up with Kelly for NTT and with Amanda for Finish it up Friday.