Pages

mardi 26 avril 2016

Mini tote bag in purple

I can check off project #6 on my list for the second quarter of Finish-Along 2016 !
My first idea for this mini tote bag was to use a unicorn fabric in orange from Far far away collection by Heather Ross. But I finally chose the purple version since it goes very well (by chance !) with some purple fabrics I bought when I visited Quilt Expo Beaujolais !

Je peux cocher le projet #6 de ma liste pour le deuxième trimestre du Finish-Along 2016 ! 
Ma première idée pour ce mini sac cabas était d'utiliser un tissu licorne orange de la collection Far far away de Heather Ross. Mais j'ai finalement choisi la version en violet car elle va très bien (par hasard !) avec les tissus violets que j'ai achetés lors de ma visite de Quilt Expo Beaujolais !

Mini tote bag in purple - Tutorial by SOTAK Handmade - Unicorn fabric from Far far away collection by Heather Ross

I made it for my goddaughter and chose fabrics thinking about her : she likes purple tones, tiny flowers and unicorns ! I do too, but it is more suitable for a little girl ... ;-)
Je l'ai réalisé pour ma filleule et choisi les tissus en pensant à elle : elle aime les tons violets, les petites fleurs et les licornes ! Moi aussi, mais c'est plus adapté pour une petite fille ... ;-)


Work in progress - Mini tote bag - Outside pocket
Outside pocket
Poche extérieure


My starting point for this project is a tutorial by SOTAK Handmade. However I made a few changes ... First I reduce overall size of the original pattern since the recipient is five years old.
Mon point de départ pour ce projet est un tutoriel de SOTAK Handmade. J'ai cependant apporté quelques modifications ... D'abord, comme la destinataire a cinq ans, j'ai réduit la taille globale du modèle original.

Mini tote bag - Top of the bag

Then I added an inside pocket because ... I had not a large piece of the unicorn fabric but wanted to use some more ;-) 
Ensuite, j'ai ajouté une poche intérieure parce que ... Je n'avais pas une grande quantité du tissu licorne mais je voulais en utiliser un peu plus ;-)

Mini tote bag - Inside pocket
Inside pocket
Poche intérieure

I decided to change the bottom of the bag too and cut corners.
J'ai décidé de modifier aussi le fond du sac et j'ai coupé les coins.

Mini tote bag - Bottom of the bag

I hope this mini tote will be handy for taking with her little things like a notebook, crayons, action figures, ...
J'espère que ce mini cabas sera pratique pour emmener avec elle des petits trucs comme un carnet, des crayons, des figurines, ... 

Mini tote bag - Top of the bag and handles

And while I am on a roll ... I started more pieces of this pattern ! I had these lovely prints, Emmy Grace, from Art Gallery Fabrics for a while in my stash and I don't feel like using them for a quilt. They will be perfect for this project.

Et tant que je suis sur ma lancée ... J'ai commencé d'autres pièces avec ce modèle ! J'avais depuis un moment  dans ma réserve ces jolis tissus, Emmy Grace, de chez Art Gallery Fabrics et je n'ai pas envie de les utiliser pour un quilt. Ils seront parfaits pour ce projet.

Emmy Grace - Art Gallery Fabrics

That's right ... What you see behind me is snow and not lovely daisies ... (I like snow but not at the end of April ! )
Eh oui ... Ce que vous voyez derrière moi, c'est de la neige et pas de jolies petites pâquerettes ... (j'aime bien la neige mais pas fin avril ! )

Mini tote bag - Back of the bag


I am linking up with Alyce for Sew Cute Tuesday, Kelly for NTT and Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.


2016 FAL